-   -   Continuous dates and time (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/67958-continuous-dates-time.html)

Stonleyoh

Continuous dates and time

I have a instrument collecting data every minutes for many days (20 days). I
would like to plot a line graph; however, I can not show the date and time in
the chart. I do not want to show all the dates and time but I would like to
show at least 4 to 8 dates and time per day. Any suggestion?

James Silverton

Continuous dates and time

Stonleyoh wrote on Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:12:27 -0800:

S I have a instrument collecting data every minutes for many
S days (20 days). I would like to plot a line graph; however,
S I can not show the date and time in the chart. I do not
S want to show all the dates and time but I would like to show
S at least 4 to 8 dates and time per day. Any suggestion?

Would not a real numerical graph (Scatter Chart not Line Chart)
do the job? A quick and dirty try looks quite well to me. You
can place minor value tick marks every 6 hours, say.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland.