-   -   Creating a Multiple Warehouse Inventory Spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/6729-creating-multiple-warehouse-inventory-spreadsheets.html)

Alice

Creating a Multiple Warehouse Inventory Spreadsheets

I need help creating a Inventory control spreadsheet with multiple
warehouses. I need to be able to link them together. How or if can this be
done

Barb Reinhardt

What kind of information do you need on each and what info do you need on a
linked spreadsheet?

"Alice" wrote in message
I need help creating a Inventory control spreadsheet with multiple
warehouses. I need to be able to link them together. How or if can this
be
done

Tushar Mehta

Anything's possible. If I was designing this system, I would start
with 3 linked tables:

Warehouse table:
Warehouse ID (unique)
{other warehouse data such as address?}

Inventory table:
SKU (or some other unique id)
Description {medium sized widgets, etc.}
{other product specific information}

InventoryLocation table:
Warehouse ID
SKU {warehouse ID and SKU combination will be unique)
Quantity
{other info pertinent to item being in a specific warehouse}

Now, various database look up methods (PivotTables, Data query, etc.)
will let you query the data in a variety of different ways.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,