-   -   Grouping dates in PivotTable/Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/66954-grouping-dates-pivottable-chart.html)

Heidi

Grouping dates in PivotTable/Chart

My data set includes data from approximately 3 years (daily data). I'd like
to use the group data function in PivotTables/Charts to get weekly, monthly
etc. averages.

Unfortunately, if I choose "month", it groups ALL Januarys together and
doesn't separate them out by year.

Can I get individual monthly averages with this feature? Is there a better
way to get individual weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly average graphs
quickly and easily?

Thank you!

Heidi

Priti

Grouping dates in PivotTable/Chart

Hi
You can choose Months and Years to group the pivot table so that it displays
the yearly and then monthly data respectively. You can also seperate the data
by quarters. Right click on the pivot table date field and then group it.

--
Priti