-   -   Sum Distinct Rows in PivotTable (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/65907-sum-distinct-rows-pivottable.html)

Jay

Sum Distinct Rows in PivotTable

Hi all,

Not sure if this is possible, so I hope someone can help, even if it's to
dash my hopes and dreams, I'd appreciate it.

I have a group of data in a sheet, and I've created a PivotTable for the
data. Everything is working great except for one issue. I need to sum
distinct rows, and I'm not sure how I can do that.

The data is as follows: Date, Time, Item/Serial, Quantity, Employee, Comments

Basically, I need to sum the quantity, but based on UNIQUE (or DISTINCT)
item/serial numbers. That's because two (or more) employees might work on
the same item/serial, but it shouldn't be summed as is, as I get duplicate
entries, so my quantity is off.

Any assistance is welcome. I can't see any way to do it with the data as
is, but I'm hoping I won't need to get a separate data extract (it comes from
a DB) just to find sum of quantity. I'm hoping there's a setting or method
I'm missing in the PivotTable that someone can point to.

Thanks,
Jay