-   -   Line chart even though values missing (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/65736-line-chart-even-though-values-missing.html)

MattBeckwith

Line chart even though values missing

I notice that my line chart doesn't draw a line if there are missing
values.

For example, I'm charting weight by date. But if I don't weigh myself
on every single day, the line stops at the last day of a cluster of
daily weights.

Is there a way to have the dots be connected even if there are
intervening missing data points?

Thanks!

--
MattBeckwith

MattBeckwith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30571
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502199

Andy Pope

Line chart even though values missing

Hi,

If the cells are really empty the you can get the chart to interpolate
between the points. Select the chart and then use menu Tools Options
Chart Plot empty cells as Interpolated.

Cheers
Andy

MattBeckwith wrote:
I notice that my line chart doesn't draw a line if there are missing
values.

For example, I'm charting weight by date. But if I don't weigh myself
on every single day, the line stops at the last day of a cluster of
daily weights.

Is there a way to have the dots be connected even if there are
intervening missing data points?

Thanks!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel