-   -   How do I use a name in a range reference in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/64939-how-do-i-use-name-range-reference-excel.html)

RicRob

How do I use a name in a range reference in excel?

I have a excel file that has a table with columns for each month of the year,
and has many charts showing the row data for the range from january to
whatever the current month is. How can I use a name such as "current_month"
in the range reference for the chart rather than a specific column reference
that has to be changed in multiple places each month? I'd like to just
update the name in one place and have the charts automaitcally show the
proper range.

Andy Pope

How do I use a name in a range reference in excel?

Hi,

You will find some information here,
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

RicRob

How do I use a name in a range reference in excel?

Thanks. This stuff looks like it should be useful. I'll give it a try.