Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jlsexcel

Default trendline error

Hello,

need help.

I created trendlines in excel using polynomial curves. They look pretty
good, but the equations supplied are way off. Can somebody help me.
Using a second order poly gave the best results but still way off.

thanks.

--
jlsexcel
jlsexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30169

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton

jlsexcel -

Perhaps you need to display more significant digits. One way is to click the
trendline equation to select it and then press the Increase Decimal button
repeatedly.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"jlsexcel" wrote in
message ...
Hello,
need help.
I created trendlines in excel using polynomial curves. They look pretty
good, but the equations supplied are way off. Can somebody help me.
Using a second order poly gave the best results but still way off.
thanks.
--
jlsexcel
jlsexcel's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498527

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

see my Excel Tips on the use of LINEST for polynomial fit
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jlsexcel" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

need help.

I created trendlines in excel using polynomial curves. They look pretty
good, but the equations supplied are way off. Can somebody help me.
Using a second order poly gave the best results but still way off.

thanks.

--
jlsexcel
jlsexcel's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=498527

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
P Williams

You can only fit a polynomial trendline to an X-Y scattergraph. They really
should incorporate an error message when you try to fit it to any other type
of graph. Hope this helps.

P. Williams