-   -   Scatter Plot (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/62941-scatter-plot.html)

Liz23

Scatter Plot

How do I avoid the scatter plot from charting blank observations as zeros?

Thanks!

Jon Peltier

Scatter Plot

If the cells are truly blank (no formulas, no stray characters), go to Tools
menu Options, and on the Chart tab, select the Not Plotted option for
'Plot Empty Cells As...'.

If the cells contain a formula that returns "" for one condition, Excel
treats the "" as a text value, which is converted to a zero for plotting.
Change "" to NA(), which puts an ugly error in the cell; the chart has a
line interpolated across the missing point.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services