-   -   Want to alphabetize address labels using something other than Mer (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/61828-want-alphabetize-address-labels-using-something-other-than-mer.html)

WindyHill

Want to alphabetize address labels using something other than Mer

Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a
simple quick way to do it. Any suggestions?

BT

Want to alphabetize address labels using something other than Mer

Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you just select all of the
columns then use Data/Sort... and choose the column that you want to use
to sort by? I have a column in my address list for Last Name and that is
what I use to alphabetize the list.

Merry Christmas

"WindyHill" wrote:

Have a large address file on mailing labels . Have tried using Merge to
alphabetize the list, but find this rather cumbersome. Would like to find a
simple quick way to do it. Any suggestions?

WindyHill

Want to alphabetize address labels using something other than

Do you really think that would work? Are you able to sort using the last
name? My file consists of mail addresses, i.e., Mr & Mrs so and so. Can it
be set up so that the last name is used to sort alphbetically?