-   -   Is there a way to not show a dash as a zero in Excel chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/61267-there-way-not-show-dash-zero-excel-chart.html)

Steve

Is there a way to not show a dash as a zero in Excel chart?

I'm setting up an spreadsheet to pull data and automatically graph a defined
array of cells in a chart. When I have a dash (-) showing up in a cell, it is
graphed as a zero. Is there any logic that I can implement so that a dash
doesn't show up on the chart. I tried If/then statements where the "-" would
be replaced by " " but that still graphed a zero.

Bernard Liengme

Is there a way to not show a dash as a zero in Excel chart?

You were nearly the use =IF(A1="-",NA(),A1) to get #N/A in the cell next
to the dash; Excel will ignore these when plotting

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Steve" wrote in message
I'm setting up an spreadsheet to pull data and automatically graph a
defined
array of cells in a chart. When I have a dash (-) showing up in a cell, it
is
graphed as a zero. Is there any logic that I can implement so that a dash
doesn't show up on the chart. I tried If/then statements where the "-"
would
be replaced by " " but that still graphed a zero.

Steve

Is there a way to not show a dash as a zero in Excel chart?

Thank you very much; it worked perfectly for what I was trying to do!