-   -   Change the tooltip text for a datapoint (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/60751-change-tooltip-text-datapoint.html)

Hayeso

Change the tooltip text for a datapoint

All,

Does anybody know how to change the text that appears when you hover over a
datapoint in a chart?

Specifically, I have an X Y scatter chart and Which uses Column C for the X
and Column D for the Y. I would like the text in Column B to appear when I
hover over a datapoint.

Andy Pope

Change the tooltip text for a datapoint

Hi,

Have a look at this add-in from Tushar Mehta.
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...bel/index.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Hayeso

Change the tooltip text for a datapoint

Thanks Andy

Hayeso wrote:
All,

Does anybody know how to change the text that appears when you hover over a
datapoint in a chart?

Specifically, I have an X Y scatter chart and Which uses Column C for the X
and Column D for the Y. I would like the text in Column B to appear when I
hover over a datapoint.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Jon Peltier

Change the tooltip text for a datapoint

Look for the Chart Hover Label add-in on Tushar Mehta's web site,
http://tushar-mehta.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Hayeso" wrote in message
All,

Does anybody know how to change the text that appears when you hover over
datapoint in a chart?

Specifically, I have an X Y scatter chart and Which uses Column C for the
and Column D for the Y. I would like the text in Column B to appear when I
hover over a datapoint.

Jon Peltier

Change the tooltip text for a datapoint

Sorry, I hadn't noticed that Andy beat me to the link.