-   -   How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/60501-how-do-i-get-date-correct-excel-2000-chart.html)

Racheb

How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the
correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different
date formats.

Jerry W. Lewis

How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

You probably need to switch to an "XY (Scatter)" chart. A "Line" chart
treats the x-axis values as 1,2,3,... which as dates would be 1Jan1900,
2Jan1900, ...

Jerry

Racheb wrote:

When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the
correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different
date formats.

Jon Peltier

How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?

If the dates were actually used as the X values, this wouldn't be an issue
for either the XY or Line chart types. Choose Source Data from the Chart
menu, click on the Series tab, and select the series. Make sure the range of
dates is entered in the Category Labels (or X Values) input box.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services