-   -   What is the formula for getting time difference e.g. ("4 hrs 15 m. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/58-what-formula-getting-time-difference-e-g-%224-hrs-15-m.html)

Sandeep Manjrekar

What is the formula for getting time difference e.g. ("4 hrs 15 m.

I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the third
row, i want to display the difference between two times. And it should come
in this manner...

"4 hrs 15 min"..

what would be the exact formula?

Regards
sandeep

Barb Reinhardt

A B C
1 Start Time End Time Delta
2 8:00 10:20 =B2-A2

You'll then have to format the C column to have time in the format you want.

"Sandeep Manjrekar" wrote in
message ...
I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the

third
row, i want to display the difference between two times. And it should

come
in this manner...

"4 hrs 15 min"..

what would be the exact formula?

Regards
sandeep

Frank Kabel

Hi
in which format do you have entere start/end time?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Sandeep Manjrekar"
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In

the third
row, i want to display the difference between two times. And it

should come
in this manner...

"4 hrs 15 min"..

what would be the exact formula?

Regards
sandeep

Jon Peltier

This number format shows 4:15 as 4 hrs 15 min:

h" hrs "m" min"

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP