-   -   Italicizing in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/57857-italicizing-excel.html)

acacia

Italicizing in Excel

I am trying to create a graph with a variety of Series of Data. I am able to
select a cell for the Series Name. The problem is that the Chart's font
formatting overrides the formatting that I have assigned in the cell.

My desire is to put some sort of name such as ABCDEF with the letters ABC
(and only ABC) italicized. I am able to make either all things in the graph
italics or none (even though they show up in the cell of the spread sheet the
way I desire). Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks,

Andy Pope

Italicizing in Excel

Hi,

There is no automatic way to get the formatting from the cell reflected
in the title. You can however format parts of the title simply by
selecting the text within the title box.
Click the title and then click again. The cursor should change from a
pointer to the I beam. You can not select characters within the title
and apply formatting.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Bernard Liengme

Italicizing in Excel

Annoying, is it not; but Excel does not carry the format over with =cell_ref
when used in a chart.
Looks like a VBA solution is needed.
best wishes
--