-   -   Scrollable x-axis in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/56878-scrollable-x-axis-excel.html)

jea123

Scrollable x-axis in excel

I'm looking for a way to "zoom-in" my x-axis and rather than have all of the
data from a very large database displayed at once, be able to scroll (as in a
data aquisition software screen) through it (day-by-day, etc) so as to see
meaningful trends without having to regenerate a new chart when I need to
switch days. I currently am using a 'lines on 2 axis' type of chart.

Jon Peltier

Scrollable x-axis in excel

You want some kind of dynamic chart. I have some links and general examples
he

The example that might help the most is on this page:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"jea123" wrote in message
I'm looking for a way to "zoom-in" my x-axis and rather than have all of
the
data from a very large database displayed at once, be able to scroll (as
in a
data aquisition software screen) through it (day-by-day, etc) so as to see
meaningful trends without having to regenerate a new chart when I need to
switch days. I currently am using a 'lines on 2 axis' type of chart.

Ed Ferrero

Scrollable x-axis in excel

Hi jea123,

For an old macro (with, I think an interesting approach) see 'Zoom Charts'
at http://edferrero.m6.net/charting.aspx

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/