-   -   simple chart question (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/56804-simple-chart-question.html)

Roney

simple chart question

I know there must be a simple way to do this.. I'm just not all that good at
excel.

I have a pre-created chart. I want to put that chart on a sheet and, when
the user clicks a "show chart" link, in another sheet in the same workbook,
simply have that chart display. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot

Andy Pope

simple chart question

Hi,

Jon Peltier has information on hyperlinks and charts.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Roney

simple chart question

Exactly what I needed! Thanks Andy

Roney wrote:
I know there must be a simple way to do this.. I'm just not all that good at
excel.

I have a pre-created chart. I want to put that chart on a sheet and, when
the user clicks a "show chart" link, in another sheet in the same workbook,
simply have that chart display. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Roney

simple chart question

Andy, this worked great for spreadsheet 1. Then, I made spreadsheet 2, as a
copy of 1, but with different data. Now, when I click the hyperlink in
spreadsheet 2, it takes me to a completly different place in the workbook. I
have tried deleting and recreating the link. The link dialog has the correct
references. It just doesn't work. It's weird. Spreadsheet 1 still works fine.

Any thoughts?

Roney wrote:
I know there must be a simple way to do this.. I'm just not all that good at
excel.

I have a pre-created chart. I want to put that chart on a sheet and, when
the user clicks a "show chart" link, in another sheet in the same workbook,
simply have that chart display. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

simple chart question

What method of hyperlinking did you use?
Where should the hyperlink be taking you and where does it actually take
you?
If you where to create a new workbook with the same links does the
problem persist?

Roney wrote:

I know there must be a simple way to do this.. I'm just not all that good at
excel.

I have a pre-created chart. I want to put that chart on a sheet and, when
the user clicks a "show chart" link, in another sheet in the same workbook,
simply have that chart display. How can I do that?

Thanks a lot

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Roney

simple chart question

Without being able to offer any explaination, I was able to fix this. At one
point I had this spreadsheet open with two windows (window menu, new window).
I closed window 1 and saved it with window 2 open. I know of no way to "undo"
that. I noticed that, in the broken spreadsheet, whenever I opened it the
name was "spreadsheet_name.xls;2" signifying it though it was opening window
2, though there was in fact only one window. I opened a new workbook, copied
the sheets from the old to the new, saved the new using the old name, and
that fixed the links. Why, I have no idea.

Thanks for you help Andy.