-   -   Combo Charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/55436-combo-charts.html)

Carol

Combo Charts

I'm having trouble making a column chart and having two of the columns be
stacked and the other four as separate columns. I tried to click on the
column that I wanted stacked, then went to Chart - Chart Type - Stacked, but
it stacked all the columns into one stacked column instead of just the one
(and I actually need two columns stacked). I can't choose two columns at the
same time to have them stack. Any ideas if this is possible? Thanks.

Jon Peltier

Combo Charts

Excel only lets you stack or cluster the columns. But if you arrange
your data properly, you can make a stacked chart look the way you want.
This page has several links to examples that show you haw:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Carol wrote:

I'm having trouble making a column chart and having two of the columns be
stacked and the other four as separate columns. I tried to click on the
column that I wanted stacked, then went to Chart - Chart Type - Stacked, but
it stacked all the columns into one stacked column instead of just the one
(and I actually need two columns stacked). I can't choose two columns at the
same time to have them stack. Any ideas if this is possible? Thanks.

Carol

Combo Charts

This was very helpful. Now I'll try to add several additional "unstacked"
columns to the data and see if it works properly. Thank you.