-   -   How do I put a break in an axis in a chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/55435-how-do-i-put-break-axis-chart.html)

pieridae3

How do I put a break in an axis in a chart?

Is there any way to put a break in an Excel chart axis? I'm using Excel 2003
and Excel XP. I have some graphs where one or more data points is
substantially higher than other data points; it's difficult to see the
differences between the lower data points. What I would like to do is have
the y-axis go from about 0-20, have a break in the graph, and resume the
graph at about 40 (my highest data point).

Jon Peltier

How do I put a break in an axis in a chart?

Here's an example and some links to others:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP