-   -   Ignore N/A values with an area chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/55377-ignore-n-values-area-chart.html)

SPeterson

Ignore N/A values with an area chart

I know that excel will ignore a value of #N/A on a line chart, but with an
area chart, the result plots a value of zero, making the area look like a
bunch of spikes. Is there a way to ignore that value and essentially connect
the two available points to give the chart a continuous area?

Jon Peltier

Ignore N/A values with an area chart

What you can do is interpolate between the adjacent values. There is no
value that will make an area chart not dive to zero.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services