-   -   Pivot table charts (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/55373-pivot-table-charts.html)

John

Pivot table charts

Can I add upper and lower limit lines to a pivot table chart?
I would use these to show specification limits along with the data.

Thanks!

John

Jon Peltier

Pivot table charts

You can add drawing objects to a pivot chart, but you can't add another
series to the pivot chart. Pivot charts only show the data within the
pivot table, and you cannot add outside data.

You can make a non-pivot chart from a pivot table, which I frequently do
because of the shortcomings of pivot charts. Selecting a blank cell that
is not part of or near the pivot table, then start the chart wizard. In
step 1, select the chart type you want. In step 2, click on the Series
tab, and add each series individually, entering the respective name, X
values, and Y values for each. You can add data to this chart to
indicate limits and other statistical values. Here are a few methods:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services