-   -   Column Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/55256-column-chart.html)

Andy

Column Chart

Hi All,
Can someone please tell me how to put the label on the bar ? I can show only
the value or only the label but would like to show both. I am sure the gurus
over here can help. I want to show the label on the bar itself(vertical) on
top of the bar in different color. see e.g (Thats the best I can do :-)
|t| |t|
|i| |i|
|t| |t|
|l| |l|
|e| |e|
|1| |2|

Thanks in advance
Andy

Modeste

Column Chart

Bonsour®
I'm not à guru...
so much tricks I found there ...
I suppose guru sometimes are tired ??? ;o)))

my solution :
http://cjoint.com/?loaOUzacaC
regards

--
n'oubliez pas les FAQ :
http://www.excelabo.net http://dj.joss.free.fr/faq.htm

Jon Peltier

Column Chart

Excel supports one label per data point, or one set of labels per
series. In Excel 2002 or later, you can include more than a single
quantity in each label, by checking the appropriate checkboxes, and
selecting a separator.

I assume you'd have found this, so you must have Excel 2000 or earlier.
In this case, you can construct the labels you want in the worksheet. I
would use three columns, the first with the labels, the third with the
values, and the middle one that concatenates them, using a formula like
this:

=A2&", "&C2
=A2&CHAR(10)&C2
=A2&": "&C2

depending on how to separate the parts of the labels. You may need to
define the format of the label using TEXT:

=A2&", "&TEXT(C2,"0.0%")

Now if you make your chart with the last two columns, the labels column
has the values incorporated.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP