-   -   Is there a way to create a standard OHLC bar chart in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/54-there-way-create-standard-ohlc-bar-chart-excel.html)

[email protected]

Is there a way to create a standard OHLC bar chart in Excel?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a standard open high low
close bar chart in Excel? I don't want the candlestick form they have but
rather a format similar to the high-low-close included in Excel that also
uses the open price. I want the bars to look something like:

|_

_|

Thank you in advance for your help,

Jon

Barb Reinhardt

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/stock.html

"
wrote in message ...
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a standard open high low
close bar chart in Excel? I don't want the candlestick form they have but
rather a format similar to the high-low-close included in Excel that also
uses the open price. I want the bars to look something like:

|_

_|

Thank you in advance for your help,

Jon

Andy Pope

Hi,

It's a little hard to tell from your diagram but have a look at Jon's
stock chart examples.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tTickOpen.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Jon Horvath

Thank you Barb and Andy,

That's what I was looking for. I wonder why this isn't an automatic
option in Excel to begin with....

Jon