-   -   Insert a line or shape in a table (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/53798-insert-line-shape-table.html)

Parkrose

Insert a line or shape in a table

Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I
now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line,
the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend
the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the
table so it won't change.

Jon Peltier

Insert a line or shape in a table

Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data,
and the line will stay locked in place:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP