-   -   not able to get series value for 3d-surface chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/53606-not-able-get-series-value-3d-surface-chart.html)

Lokesh Sharma

not able to get series value for 3d-surface chart

Hi,

I am able to get series values for all kinds of chart, except for 3D-surface
chart.Here it goes to exception, when I try to acces the values of the
series. Let me know if anyone has solution

Lokesh

Jon Peltier

not able to get series value for 3d-surface chart

You mean you don't get the handy little chart tips that show information
about the point your cursor is over? Surface charts have several
shortcomings, and you've just hit on one of them. They don't do data
labels either.

You could use several other chart types to display the data, maybe not
in the fancy pseudo-XYZ formatting, and still get the chart tips. The 3D
line, 3-D column, and area with 3-D effects chart types provide chart
tips, if you insist on the 3D styling. And of course, the 2D line and
clustered column types show chart tips as well as no parallax or other
distortion of the values.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP