-   -   Graph colors automatically change (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/51544-graph-colors-automatically-change.html)

PuckMark

Graph colors automatically change

I am trying to create a graph, where each month the numbers will be updated.
I want the positive numbers to show up green in the graph, and the negative
numbers to show up red on the graph. I know that I can adjust this manually,
but this will be linked to 200 or so department reports. I don't want to do
it manually. When I click "invert negative" on the graph dialog box, it
turns the negative numbers blue.

Andy Pope

Graph colors automatically change

Hi,

You can use a custom number format. If you do this for the cells the
datalabels should do the same. Otherwise just set the data labels number
format.
[Green]General;[Red]General

And this describes how to use Invert if Negative to get the coloured
bars you want.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm

Cheers
Andy