-   -   How do I set my X axis to include equal increments of a day? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/49519-how-do-i-set-my-x-axis-include-equal-increments-day.html)

Dianne

How do I set my X axis to include equal increments of a day?

I have data that is encompases less than 2 days but there are many points of
reference during the day. I am set for the Y axis but I can only get the X
axis to take the direct data and spread it throughout the day (showing equal
intervals between the data points rather than through the time points). I
would like to break up the day at intervals of 5 or 10 minutes and have the
data points position themselves throughout the 5 or 10 minute tick marks:

For example

Y X X-axis
tick
Date July 14,2005 45 23:45 (hr:mm) around 24:00
July 14 60 23:50 around 24:00
but not same as above
July 15 40 01:00 a bit past
24:00

Right now it spreads all the date all over the axis rather than bunching up
several plot points together in a 5-10 minute time interval.

Jon Peltier

Dianne -

I answered your other post. The answer: use an XY chart. More details in your other
post.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Dianne wrote:

I have data that is encompases less than 2 days but there are many points of
reference during the day. I am set for the Y axis but I can only get the X
axis to take the direct data and spread it throughout the day (showing equal
intervals between the data points rather than through the time points). I
would like to break up the day at intervals of 5 or 10 minutes and have the
data points position themselves throughout the 5 or 10 minute tick marks:

For example

Y X X-axis
tick
Date July 14,2005 45 23:45 (hr:mm) around 24:00
July 14 60 23:50 around 24:00
but not same as above
July 15 40 01:00 a bit past
24:00

Right now it spreads all the date all over the axis rather than bunching up
several plot points together in a 5-10 minute time interval.

David Biddulph

"Dianne" wrote in message
I have data that is encompases less than 2 days but there are many points
of
reference during the day. I am set for the Y axis but I can only get the
axis to take the direct data and spread it throughout the day (showing
equal
intervals between the data points rather than through the time points). I
would like to break up the day at intervals of 5 or 10 minutes and have
the
data points position themselves throughout the 5 or 10 minute tick marks:

For example

Y X X-axis
tick
Date July 14,2005 45 23:45 (hr:mm) around 24:00
July 14 60 23:50 around 24:00
but not same as above
July 15 40 01:00 a bit past
24:00

Right now it spreads all the date all over the axis rather than bunching
up
several plot points together in a 5-10 minute time interval.

What sort of chart are you using? Make sure it's XY (Scatter).
--
David Biddulph