-   -   Legend - Don't Want To See (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/49108-legend-dont-want-see.html)

Bob Barnes

Legend - Don't Want To See

In "Chart Options" for Legends, I Uncheck
'Show Legend" & I increase the width of the Chart.

BUT, reopening the File (after SAVING it),
"narrows" the Chart & puts the Legend back in.

Is there a way to NOT have a Legend??

TIA - Bob

bj

what version of Excel do you have.
It does not do that on any of the versions I have worked with.

Is it in just one file that this happens or all files.

"Bob Barnes" wrote:

In "Chart Options" for Legends, I Uncheck
'Show Legend" & I increase the width of the Chart.

BUT, reopening the File (after SAVING it),
"narrows" the Chart & puts the Legend back in.

Is there a way to NOT have a Legend??

TIA - Bob

Bob Barnes

bj - THANK you.

Excel 2003 - I've been told if I Uncheck Show Legend WHEN I build
the Chart, that will work - HAVEN'T tested yet.

Bob

"Bob Barnes" wrote:

In "Chart Options" for Legends, I Uncheck
'Show Legend" & I increase the width of the Chart.

BUT, reopening the File (after SAVING it),
"narrows" the Chart & puts the Legend back in.

Is there a way to NOT have a Legend??

TIA - Bob

Bob Barnes

We solved the problem by copying & pasting the two
worksheets into a new Workbook.

Thanks - Bob