-   -   Possible to add text from a Cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/47474-possible-add-text-cell.html)

[email protected]

Possible to add text from a Cell?

I know I can choose a text box to add fixed text in a chart but is
there a way to add text from a cell that can vary directly from the
workbook (e.g. from cell A1)?

Christopher Scott [MSFT]

Insert your text box, select it, and then in the formula bar type your cell
address e.g. =Sheet1!A1

You can concatenate your own text to it as well such as ="Total: "&A1
--
Thanks,
Christopher

" wrote:

I know I can choose a text box to add fixed text in a chart but is
there a way to add text from a cell that can vary directly from the
workbook (e.g. from cell A1)?

Jon Peltier

Christopher Scott [MSFT] wrote:

Insert your text box, select it, and then in the formula bar type your cell
address e.g. =Sheet1!A1

Even easier: just select the chart, press the equals key, and click on the cell you
wish to link to.

You can concatenate your own text to it as well such as ="Total: "&A1

Such formulas only work in the worksheet. In the link formula of the textbox, you
can't build a formula like this, but only a link to a worksheet range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Christopher Scott [MSFT]

Yeah, you're right. Thank you for clarifying that. With charts most things
need to be done on the sheet itself.
--
Thanks,
Christopher