Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Plotting Data When There Is A "Jump" or Transition To Jan. Of NewYear ?

Hi,

Using the latest Excel. Probably should have stayed with Excel 2007, as it handled this without any problem.

I have a simple spreadsheet for my blood pressure.
Dates in one column, and the Systolic and Diastolic values in the next two columns.

The Dates I use in the data table are e.g., 15 Dec., 22 Dec.,
and then we go to: 4 Jan...etc.

Plots up fine as ling as there is no jump to Jan dates from the preceding Dec.
It doesn't know how to handle this transition, even though all the data is sequential.

For dates, I used the format like 24 May, 10 June, etc. on
the X Axis (and for the data values).

Plots fine up until 31 Dec.

The X Axis does show Dec. and Jan Labeling.
But if the Selected Data includes Jan, then the plot/graph turns blank.

Obviously it isn't sure if this Jan should be at the beginning of the table or here, at the end.
Apparently, it gets confused on how to handle, and does nothing.

Excel 2007 handled it fine.

You would think with everything being sequential, it would handle the transition from 23 Dec to 2 Jan., but it won't.

Really don't want to have to use the date formatting where the year is included, but may have to.

Thoughts on plotting data with this year transition in the format I
would really like as 27 Jan., 4 Jan, etc...? Any way to do ?

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Bob,

Am Mon, 5 Feb 2018 02:36:08 -0800 (PST) schrieb Robert11:

Using the latest Excel. Probably should have stayed with Excel 2007, as it handled this without any problem.

I have a simple spreadsheet for my blood pressure.
Dates in one column, and the Systolic and Diastolic values in the next two columns.

The Dates I use in the data table are e.g., 15 Dec., 22 Dec.,
and then we go to: 4 Jan...etc.

Plots up fine as ling as there is no jump to Jan dates from the preceding Dec.
It doesn't know how to handle this transition, even though all the data is sequential.

format your x axis as text axis.
If that wouldn't help send your workbook to my email address and tell me
how many days or month you will show with your chart.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Claus,

As always, thanks so much for help.

Good idea, I never would have thought of it, but:

When I format the, e.g., 22 Dec, as Text on the Data sheet, what appears is a big number, like 45000.

I seem to remember reading way back a number of years that Excel
counts dates numerically from the start of the Universe, or
sometime close to it !

Thoughts ?

Regards,
Bob
==================================

On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 5:36:09 AM UTC-5, Robert11 wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Robert,

Am Mon, 5 Feb 2018 06:07:06 -0800 (PST) schrieb Robert11:

When I format the, e.g., 22 Dec, as Text on the Data sheet, what appears is a big number, like 45000.

keep the date in the data sheet as date.
Right click to the x axis = Format axis = Text axis.
Tell me how many days or month you will show with your chart and send me
your workbook.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Claus,

Again, thanks for all the time you are taking in helping me out with this.
Really nice of you.

Would be happy to send you my Workbook.

How do I do it, please ?

An individual eMail (outside of this Forum) direct to you with an Attachment of
the Excel Spreadsheet ?

Or,...?

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Bob,

Am Tue, 6 Feb 2018 02:56:49 -0800 (PST) schrieb Robert11:

Would be happy to send you my Workbook.

How do I do it, please ?

send it to

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Claus,

Tried a few times now, but can't get the email to go thru to you.

Problem is, apparently, my decoding of the dummy characters, etc. in your email address.

Might you send me an email with the exact, correct, eMail ?

Mine is:

Thanks,
Bob.