-   -   Plot empty cells as: Interpolated (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/45282-plot-empty-cells-interpolated.html)

Jaco

Plot empty cells as: Interpolated

Hi All

I have two columns (Data 1 and Data 2) that need to be consolidated (Result
Column)

Example:

Data 1 Data 2 Result
1 6 7
2 7 9

5 9 14
6 10 16

9 19 28

I consolidated the data columns using the following formula:
=IF(AND(ISBLANK(B3),ISBLANK(C3)),"",B3+C3)
When a graph is created for the result column the graph return to zero at
each "empty" cell.

Could anyone please help to solve the problem.

Andy Pope

Hi,

for charting use NA()
=IF(AND(ISBLANK(B3),ISBLANK(C3)),NA(),B3+C3)

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Jerry W. Lewis

Either use #N/A instead of "" for blank cells or delete the formula
where "blank".

Jerry