-   -   How do I select multiple data points on my chart? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/45113-how-do-i-select-multiple-data-points-my-chart.html)

Matthew S

How do I select multiple data points on my chart?

I have a chart and the x axis is by quarter for multiple regions. I want to
select the individual quarters for all the regions and change the formating
of those data points

- e.g. all first quarters in blue.

I can do it by selecting them one at a time, but how do I select all data
points for the first quarter, etc., etc. I tried holding the shift key and
the control key - but ng.

Jon Peltier

You can only select one data point at a time, or the entire series.

If I need to do some kind of special formatting like this, I turn the
one series into several, each with its own formatting. See this page for
examples:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

- Jon
-------