-   -   Plotting Graph with dynamic table (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/449871-plotting-graph-dynamic-table.html)

CS Chia

Plotting Graph with dynamic table

I have a dynamic table where x-axis may not have all data to be plotted.
Scenario 1:

x y
Jun 3 balls
Jul 5 balls
aug 3 balls

Scenario 2:
x y
Jun 3 balls
Jul 3 balls
Aug 3 balls
Sep 8 balls
Oct 7 balls

How can I create a graph that can dynamically plot the data without having a big blank on the right side of the graph?

As in the the data table size is fixed but not all the months data may be populated.
One scenario may be the report maybe generated for 3 months data while another report may be generated for 5 months data , while another may be for a 12 months data.

But I do not want to show blank spaces on the right when I only have 3 months data but the system plot it for 24 months period.

Please help.
Many thanks in advance

Claus Busch

Plotting Graph with dynamic table

Hi,

Am Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:04:16 +0000 schrieb CS Chia:

How can I create a graph that can dynamically plot the data without
having a big blank on the right side of the graph?

please have a look:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for "ChartTest"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

CS Chia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus Busch (Post 1616472)
Hi,

Am Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:04:16 +0000 schrieb CS Chia:

How can I create a graph that can dynamically plot the data without
having a big blank on the right side of the graph?

please have a look:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for "ChartTest"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Could you share your approach?
How does the number of months field help in generating the chart?

Claus Busch

Am Mon, 3 Mar 2014 01:43:22 +0000 schrieb CS Chia:

How does the number of months field help in generating the chart?

the chart will be created by a named ranges. Look into the name manager
to see how the months field changes the range.

Regards
Claus B.