-   -   How can I remove the trailing "1" from a worksheet. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/448247-how-can-i-remove-trailing-1-worksheet.html)

[email protected]

How can I remove the trailing "1" from a worksheet.

I have a long column of numbers some large numbers, but they all have a "1" at the end.
How can I use excel to truncate the trailing digit from every entry?
for instance.
801
1761581
etc...
should read
80
176158

Thanks,
Crzzy1

Claus Busch

How can I remove the trailing "1" from a worksheet.

Hi,

Am Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:15:08 -0800 (PST) schrieb :

I have a long column of numbers some large numbers, but they all have a "1" at the end.
How can I use excel to truncate the trailing digit from every entry?
for instance.
801
1761581
etc...
should read
80
176158

your numbers in column A:
=--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)
or with VBA:

Sub CutLastDigit()
Dim LRow As Long
Dim rngC As Range

LRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For Each rngC In Range("A1:A" & LRow)
rngC = CLng(Left(rngC, Len(rngC) - 1))
Next
End Sub

Regards
Claus Busch
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

[email protected]

On Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:45:08 PM UTC+5:30, wrote:
I have a long column of numbers some large numbers, but they all have a "1" at the end.

How can I use excel to truncate the trailing digit from every entry?

for instance.

801

1761581

etc...

should read

80

176158

Thanks,

Crzzy1

Or Simply u can keep
=(A2-1)/10

Zegedewmeta

I am considering creating an app for the first time. Since it will represent a significant time investment, I am wondering if it will get a decent return on my investment.

I am thinking of making the app free and running it with iAd. Therefore, Ive been trying to find statistics about how much money developers typically get, but Ive had no luck. COULD SOMEONE RUNNING iAd POST THEIR TYPICAL REVENUE? Thanks.
I now that depends on various factors but im really want an average.