-   -   Scatter plot with multiple Y-values and same X value. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/446374-scatter-plot-multiple-y-values-same-x-value.html)

Qcom12

Scatter plot with multiple Y-values and same X value.

I just started working for a team working on a clinical experiment and have been charged with the responsibility of compiling the data into scatter plot graphs in Excel. There are multiple groups, with clinical findings plotted on the Y axis and month on the X axis (multi-month long study). The team leaders want all the data points plotted on a scatter chart, so they can quickly glance at the data and determine trends. I am having a problem in that I have multiple values from different groups (there are 3 groups, and each group has multiple subjects, each with their own Y-value recorded for the same X-value, e.g. glucose of 25 (on Y axis) at month 0). The problem is that my team leaders want to be able to see each individual point spread out along the X-axis, even though they have the same X value. Is there a way to do this? See the link below for a screenshot of what I'm working with. Essentially, I need to stretch the points out along the X-axis, so that the points are clumped together.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...0619at934.png/

Ratnose86

I am sorry I can't help with your problem but I would love to know how you made the chart you attached. I am trying to do the same in excel 2010 with a number of y-values that have a limited number of x-values and to organize them vertically like you show. Maybe I can help with your problem once I get to where you are.

Thanks!