-   -   Different Width Stacked Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/445737-different-width-stacked-chart.html)

maybelle

Different Width Stacked Chart

Hi,

I need to create a chart that has a structure of:

series1 series2
label1 data data
label2 data data
label3 data data
label4 data data

where series are on the horizontal axis with "labels" stacked on top of each other.

The twist to this that I haven't figured out how to add yet, is that each "label" has to have a different width. Crude drawing:

xxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Where, the width of the label attribute would be equal to the data (in my crude drawing: 16, 11, 6, 4)

Do you know of any way to do this? Or a different chart that could be used for this?

Thanks,

~M

maybelle

For the mean time I'm using a workaround- cluster bar chart, one data set positive, one negative to create the effect I need. Crude, but seems to work.

~M

ziesha001

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybelle (Post 1600703)
For the mean time I'm using a workaround- cluster bar chart, one data set positive, one negative to create the effect I need. Crude, but seems to work.

~M

Correct ! Agree totally !