-   -   excel chart plot area not showing data (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/42187-excel-chart-plot-area-not-showing-data.html)

samm

excel chart plot area not showing data

am I missing some part of excel as I cannot make a chart ( even the simple
ones) the points do not show in the plot area, ( or maybe I am doing some
thing really stupid...it sure feels that way at this point!

Jerry W. Lewis

One possibility is that the "numbers" you are trying to plot are really
text. What does =COUNT(xRange) and =COUNT(yRange) return? If zero,
Excel is not recognizing any numbers.

In that case, copy a blank cell, select the ranges in question, and
Edit|Paste Special|Add to coerce text to numbers.

Jerry