-   -   How can I "break" the bar in a graph if a series is off the chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/42027-how-can-i-%22break%22-bar-graph-if-series-off-chart.html)

Eddy

How can I "break" the bar in a graph if a series is off the chart

In a bar graph where all of the data series are of comparable magnitude
except for one which is off the scale, it is useful to show a "break" in the
off-the-chart bar so that you can adjust the Y axis scale to fit the other
series more appropriately. I'm trying to find out whether it's possible to
show this "break" in Excel. Grateful for any insights.

Andy Pope

Hi,

It's not a built-in feature back your can mimic it.
Here are some examples.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgr...tutorial/index...
http://andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm