-   -   Formulas in source data (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/42-formulas-source-data.html)

Ken

Formulas in source data

I have a chart with twelve months of data that is generated by using a fomula:
Cell A1 has the following: =IF(A25,A2*A3,"")
Cell B1 contains: =IF(B25,B2*B3,"")

These fomulas go out for twelve cells and are the source data for my line
chart.

I have only the first six cells with data in them and when I set up my chart
I get the first six data points plus six data points at the zero value of the
Y-axis.

Can I suppress the data points where the formula returns a null value?

TIA.

Barb Reinhardt

You can use the NA() function to do this.

"Ken" wrote in message
I have a chart with twelve months of data that is generated by using a

fomula:
Cell A1 has the following: =IF(A25,A2*A3,"")
Cell B1 contains: =IF(B25,B2*B3,"")

These fomulas go out for twelve cells and are the source data for my line
chart.

I have only the first six cells with data in them and when I set up my

chart
I get the first six data points plus six data points at the zero value of

the
Y-axis.

Can I suppress the data points where the formula returns a null value?

TIA.

Don Guillett

I would set up defined name for the series that counted the rows
myrng
=offset($a$1,0,0,counta($a:$a),1)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ken" wrote in message
I have a chart with twelve months of data that is generated by using a

fomula:
Cell A1 has the following: =IF(A25,A2*A3,"")
Cell B1 contains: =IF(B25,B2*B3,"")

These fomulas go out for twelve cells and are the source data for my line
chart.

I have only the first six cells with data in them and when I set up my

chart
I get the first six data points plus six data points at the zero value of

the
Y-axis.

Can I suppress the data points where the formula returns a null value?

TIA.

Ann Scharpf

Jon Peltier has an excellent example of this type of chart formatting:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html