-   -   Increasing X-axis Offset for graphs cutting x-axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/41729-increasing-x-axis-offset-graphs-cutting-x-axis.html)

Hari Prasadh

Increasing X-axis Offset for graphs cutting x-axis

Hi,

I have a graph which has bars above x-axis and below x-axis as well
(Positive and negative values - percentages- being plotted).

My Values / Bars may range from +100% to -100%.

I see that the X-axis offset feature (within alignment) has maximum value of
1000 and I want to display my value labels below the x-axis.

Problem is if I scale my y-axis from -100 to +100 then the bars cross over
my value labels.

On the other hand If I scale the graph to a -300 to +300 then though the
bars dont cross over my value labels the graph appears very very small.

Is there some way one can tamper with the X-axis offset feature limit of
1000 because if it could be increased then my problem could be solved.

Or if there is any other way then please guide me.

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

Andy Pope

Hi,

This should help explain how to move the xaxis labels away from your
columns.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm

Cheers
Andy