-   -   Can't save chart as object in current sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/41-cant-save-chart-object-current-sheet.html)

Ann Scharpf

Can't save chart as object in current sheet

I am using Excel 2000. I have copied an existing file to use as a template.
One sheet contains a table of data that I want to chart. When I get to the
last step of the chart wizard, the option is grayed out for saving the chart
as an object on one of the sheets.

I was able to work around the problem by using the copy sheet command to
copy all the sheets to a new workbook. I cannot figure out what the original
user could have done to this file to make the "create as object" option
unavailable. I'd appreciate any insight you can give me.

Thanks.

Barb Reinhardt

I have Excel 2003 and was able to toggle this on and off. I went to
Options, View and for the Objects selection, I chose HIDE ALL for Objects.
With that setting, I could not save the graph as an Object within the
Worksheet. I started out with the setting at Show All. Try that and see
what happens.