-   -   Can I Somehow load a Spread Sheet thru a Scanner (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/40911-can-i-somehow-load-spread-sheet-thru-scanner.html)

murashid

Can I Somehow load a Spread Sheet thru a Scanner

Hi,
I am wondering if you guys may be aware of a hardware or a software
product that can provide me the capability to put scanned table data
in
a spread sheet format. For example, I make a Xerox copy of a data table
from a book and now I scan it with a scanner. Now an option for me to
manually enter that data numbers into spread sheet. So, my question to
you is if you may have a software that can actually save me the manual
typing of that data into a spread sheet format. Please let me know; any
help is appreciated. Thanks in advance !!! Please email me at
, if you may have any hints.
Thanks.
Musharaf

--
murashid
murashid's Profile:

Tushar Mehta

Typically (well, at least with my last 2 scanners) the software program
that came with the scanner had/has the ability to convert the scanned
image into text and save files in a variety of formats or transfer the
data to a variety of programs (XL, Word, etc.) You should look into
the capabilities of the software that scans the data. Hopefully, it
also includes the ability to convert the scanned image into
text/numbers and save the results in at least a text file.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

[...]

Remember to check the responses to the multipost in .excel,
..excel.charting, .excel.misc, .excel.newusers, .excel.programming, and
..excel.worksheet.functions. And, that's only the NGs I checked.