-   -   Excel Charts Linked to Spreadsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/33242-excel-charts-linked-spreadsheets.html)

Rich

Excel Charts Linked to Spreadsheets

I have a file of 28 charts that is linked to 12 spreadsheets utilizing the
€śsource data€ť function within Excel. The spreadsheets are updated weekly (at
a minimum). When the chart files are opened, a pop-up asks if you want the
charts to update or not. I select the €śupdate€ť option to update the charts
with the new data from the spreadsheets. This particular set of data was
entered on 6/22 and then again on 6/29. When I updated the charts, they all
updated with the new data with the exception of 4 charts linked to one
spreadsheet. All 24 other charts linked to the other 11 spreadsheets
displayed the 6/29 data. The 4 charts only show data to the 6/22 date, even
though the spreadsheet includes the 6/29 data.

I have checked all formulas associated with these charts and they are
formatted exactly as the formulas that updated. When the €śsource data€ť is
opened and the series is viewed, it encompasses (dotted line circling the
data column) the 6/29 data. I can see no logical reason for this one
spreadsheet not to update the 4 charts.

Tushar Mehta

See the response to another one of your multiple posts on the same=20
subject.

--=20
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,=20
says...
I have a file of 28 charts that is linked to 12 spreadsheets utilizing th=

e=20
=E2=A4=BDsource data=E2=A4=9D function within Excel. The spreadsheets are=

updated weekly (at=20
a minimum). When the chart files are opened, a pop-up asks if you want th=

e=20
charts to update or not. I select the =E2=A4=BDupdate=E2=A4=9D option to =

update the charts=20
with the new data from the spreadsheets. This particular set of data was=

=20
entered on 6/22 and then again on 6/29. When I updated the charts, they a=

ll=20
updated with the new data with the exception of 4 charts linked to one=20
spreadsheet. All 24 other charts linked to the other 11 spreadsheets=20
displayed the 6/29 data. The 4 charts only show data to the 6/22 date, ev=

en=20
though the spreadsheet includes the 6/29 data.
=20
I have checked all formulas associated with these charts and they are=20
formatted exactly as the formulas that updated. When the =E2=A4=BDsource =

data=E2=A4=9D is=20
opened and the series is viewed, it encompasses (dotted line circling the=

=20
data column) the 6/29 data. I can see no logical reason for this one=20