-   -   How to export Excel chart as tiff or bmp file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/32631-how-export-excel-chart-tiff-bmp-file.html)

Michal

How to export Excel chart as tiff or bmp file?

I have to submit on-line graphs which have to be tiff or bmp file with at
least 300 dpi resolution. My graphs were created in Excel and I cannot find
way to transform them properly.

Jon Peltier

It's possible to export Excel charts in various bitmap formats, but they
are usually at screen resolution, not printer resolution. You would have
to copy-paste the charts into a third party image processing
application, and export them in final format from there.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Michal wrote:

I have to submit on-line graphs which have to be tiff or bmp file with at
least 300 dpi resolution. My graphs were created in Excel and I cannot find
way to transform them properly.

Michal

I tried this, but unfortunately copy-paste moves 72 dpi resolution. In some
softwares you can increase resolution, but that will reduce size.
Thank you any way,
Michal

Michal wrote:

I have to submit on-line graphs which have to be tiff or bmp file with at
least 300 dpi resolution. My graphs were created in Excel and I cannot find
way to transform them properly.

Jon Peltier

In the past I have converted workbooks to PDF files for a client. He is
able to open the PDF files in his own software, and convert the charts
into bitmaps of very fine resolution (I think 1200 dpi). It obviously
depends on the software you have available.

Does your image software allow import of WMF format? In Excel, hold
Shift while selecting the Edit menu, and the Copy command becomes Copy
Picture. Use the "As Picture" option.

If it doesn't allow WMF format, if you use Copy Picture as above, Bitmap
format, As Printed, to try to get the maximum possible DPI.

- Jon
-------