-   -   How to insert X axis scale values next to axis and X axis grid lin (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/32099-how-insert-x-axis-scale-values-next-axis-x-axis-grid-lin.html)

vp23larry

How to insert X axis scale values next to axis and X axis grid lin

I usually create charts with logarithmic scale on the X axis.
I find that using "Scatter" chart function allows this to be done easily.
The final chart inserts the grid ticks but does not insert X axis values (or
even grid lines).
Does anyone know the simple way to achieve what I want?

Barb R.

What is the min/max value for your X axis? As I recall, only axis labels
are put only for each decade, and not for anything in the middle. (shows
0.1, doesn't show 0.2-0.9, shows 1). You can do that, but it requires some
additional work.

"vp23larry" wrote:

I usually create charts with logarithmic scale on the X axis.
I find that using "Scatter" chart function allows this to be done easily.
The final chart inserts the grid ticks but does not insert X axis values (or
even grid lines).
Does anyone know the simple way to achieve what I want?

Collins32

Min is 10, max is 1000. major axis values of 10, 100, 1000 is desiredalong
with major grid lines.