-   -   compare unique identifiers in multiple ranges (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/32-compare-unique-identifiers-multiple-ranges.html)

bawilli_91125

compare unique identifiers in multiple ranges

Excel 2003. I am trying to find a simple subroutine that will allow me to
compare entries in multiple, separate ranges, and to produce a new range
containing the entries that are common to all of the initial ranges (what I
would call an "intersection" set of identifiers). The entries in each of the
initial ranges contain unique identifiers, which can be compared across
ranges. I would also like to produce an additional range that contains a
list of all the unique identifiers present in all of the initial ranges
compared (what I would call a "union" set of identifiers).
I have been doing this by iteratively filtering one range against another,
taking the resultant, and filtering against the next range. This is tedious.

Barb Reinhardt

Could you create a pivot table report of each of the ranges and then use
VLOOKUP to find the "intersection"? I'm not quite clear on what the work
product, however.