-   -   How do i keep cells with a formula returning "" from being plotted (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/31645-how-do-i-keep-cells-formula-returning-%22%22-being-plotted.html)

TBB

How do i keep cells with a formula returning "" from being plotted

I have a chart that referrences cells that contain an IF statement that
returns "". Although the chart option 'do not plot blank cells' is marked,
Excel graphs these cells as being 0.

Andy Pope

Hi,

Instead of "" use NA()

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

bj

unfortunately "" will plot as a zero
#NA will plot as interpolated with no symbol
if you do not want to be able to use the Do not plot at all aspect, what I
have done is make the cells I dont' want to plot be a uniques character,
copy the data select all paste special values somewhere else. use find
replace and relaplace the unique characer with nothing. Then plot this data.