Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mark

Default customizing the mouse-over display in a bubble chart

Hi --
I have a little Excel app that generates 3dbubble charts from data stored in
one sheet of my workbook, based on a user's selections. The DB portion of
this app contains info about a set of possible projects that might be done,
including risk, reward, cost, date of avaliability etc. Of course, every
project has a name and belongs to one of several product families.

When the user determines what elements of the project he wants to use to
determine the x and y coordinates of the bubble and it's radius, I construct
the chart in 'family' series, so all the projects for a given family all
have the
same color. Thus - each bubble shows 4 elements - x, y, rad, and color
(family).

Once generated, the chart is cool... but when you mouse-over a given bubble,
it tells you what you can readily determine from the chart - the
series(family) name, the x and y coords of the center, and the radius. Duh!
that's totally
derivitive. What I want to see in the mouse over is the 'fifth' relevant
item of info - the name of the specific project.

So. My questions is -- Is there a way to alter/customize the mouse-over
content for each bubble to display a text string of my choosing?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mark