-   -   How to break up a column in a bar graph if I do not want to chang. (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/315-how-break-up-column-bar-graph-if-i-do-not-want-chang.html)

Krlinhos

How to break up a column in a bar graph if I do not want to chang.

I have a column graph in which one of the columns is much bigger than the
other ones. That masks differences among the smaller columns, so I wanted to
know if there is a way to fix the scale to a small value on the Y axis and
break up the larger column, so it will still show its top with the error bar.

John Mansfield

I believe Andy's example will give you what you want . . .

http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Krlinhos" wrote:

I have a column graph in which one of the columns is much bigger than the
other ones. That masks differences among the smaller columns, so I wanted to
know if there is a way to fix the scale to a small value on the Y axis and
break up the larger column, so it will still show its top with the error bar.

Jon Peltier

Here's another:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

- Jon