-   -   Chart Title or Text Box Linked to cell & sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/30919-chart-title-text-box-linked-cell-sheet.html)

Caliberx

Chart Title or Text Box Linked to cell & sheet

I need to create charts from data collected via a com port. As it
stands, the data is written to sheet 1. Chart 1 is ready to plot data
as it is written. Once the data is complete, I copy sheet 1 and chart
1. This results in sheet 1(2) and Chart 1(2). All references to sheet
1 on the newly created chart 1(2) automatically changes to refer to
sheet 1(2). This applies to data ranges, Chart Title, Axis names.

When creating text boxes refering to sheet1!$A$1, the reference does
not automacially change to sheet 1(2)!$A$1. Can this be done?

If not, can I create multiple chart titles?

Any help or insight is welcome.

Regards,
CaliberX

--
CaliberxPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

CaliberX

Re-reading my post, it seems to be a little winded and not sure if I am
clear enough. The answer to the following question should give me the
help I require.

How do I make a text box behave the exact same way a chart title does
when copying the data sheet and the related chart?

Thanks again.
CaliberX

Jon Peltier

Save the workbook with the worksheet and chart you want to copy. Select
the sheet and chart, and Move (don't Copy) them to a new workbook. Close
the original workbook without saving. Reopen the workbook, then Move the
copied sheets into the original workbook.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

CaliberX wrote:

Re-reading my post, it seems to be a little winded and not sure if I am
clear enough. The answer to the following question should give me the
help I require.

How do I make a text box behave the exact same way a chart title does
when copying the data sheet and the related chart?

Thanks again.
CaliberX

CaliberX

Thanks for your input Jon. I'll try this method next time I am in the
field and I'll let you know how it works out. The method sounds a
little too complex to use while in the field and being distracted with
the experiment / audience. I fear for some data loss.

However, I've been reading quite a few of your posts and appreciate the
suggestion and all the help you give freely to all. Oddly, I feel
relieved that its not as simple as I imagined.

Thank you
CaliberX

Jon Peltier

I'll bet with a little practice, you could do it in about 3 seconds. The
steps are pretty easy, and the file you just closed is in the Recently
Used list.

- Jon

CaliberX wrote:

Thanks for your input Jon. I'll try this method next time I am in the
field and I'll let you know how it works out. The method sounds a
little too complex to use while in the field and being distracted with
the experiment / audience. I fear for some data loss.

However, I've been reading quite a few of your posts and appreciate the
suggestion and all the help you give freely to all. Oddly, I feel
relieved that its not as simple as I imagined.

Thank you
CaliberX

Tushar Mehta

If the text box can be colocated with the chart title, create a
composite title cell. Suppose the actual title is in B1 and the textbox
content is in A1, then in C1 enter =A1&char(10)&B1. Now, use C1 for the
chart title.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Multi-disciplinary business expertise
+ Technology skills
= Optimal solution to your business problem
Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005

In article .com,
says...