-   -   Creating two charts in one (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/30132-creating-two-charts-one.html)

stevel

Creating two charts in one

I have two spreadsheets, I would like to create one chart from both
spreadsheets. Is it possible to create a chart like this, how do you tell it
what range?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jon Peltier

Steve -

Make the chart with data from one worksheet. Then add data from the
other worksheet (can be in a different workbook). There are several
ways. One is to copy the data, switch to the chart, and use Paste
Special to paste the data into the chart as a new series. Another way is
to use the Source Data command on the Chart menu, select the Series tab,
click Add, and when you click on the input boxes for worksheet ranges
for the series data, you are able to select other sheets by clicking the
tabs at the bottom, and other workbooks by using the Window menu.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services